(1) The Pyramids of Egypt, built at Giza during the 4th Dynasty (circa 2680-c. 2544 BC) are the oldest of the seven wonders and the only ones remaining intact today (see Pyramids).
(2) The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, perhaps built by King Nebuchadnezzar II about 600 BC, were a mountainlike series of planted terraces.
(3) The 12-m (40-ft) Statue of Zeus (mid-5th century BC) by the Greek sculptor Phidias was the central feature of the Temple of Zeus at Olympia, Greece.
(4) The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus in Greece (356 BC), which combined great size with elaborate ornamentation, was destroyed by the Goths in AD 262.
(5) The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus (circa 353 BC) was a monumental marble tomb, decorated by the leading sculptor of the age, for King Mausolus of Caria in Asia Minor; only fragments remain.
(6) The Colossus of Rhodes was a 30-m (100-ft) bronze statue of the Greek sun god Helios, erected about 280 BC to guard the entrance to the harbor at Rhodes; it was destroyed about 55 years later.
(7) The Lighthouse of Alexandria (circa 280 BC), located on an island in the harbor of Alexandria, Egypt, was a famous ancient lighthouse standing more than 134 m (440 ft) tall; it was destroyed in the 14th century.
* Abu Simbel Temple in Egypt
* Angkor Wat in Cambodia
* The Aztec Temple in Tenochtitlan (Mexico City), Mexico
* The Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippines
* Borobudur Temple in Indonesia
* The Colosseum in Rome, Italy
* The Great Wall of China
* The Inca city of Machu Picchu, Peru
* The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy
* The Mayan Temples of Tikal in Northern Guatemala
* The Moai Statues in Rapa Nui (Easter Island), Chile
* Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy, France
* The Throne Hall of Persepolis in Iran
* The Parthenon in Athens, Greece
* Petra, the rock-carved city in Jordan
* The Shwedagon Pagoda in Myanmar
* Stonehenge in England
* Taj Mahal in Agra, India
* The Temple of the Inscriptions in Palenque, Mexico
The Channel Tunnel
* The Clock Tower (Big Ben) in London, England
* The CN Tower in Toronto, Canada
* Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
* The Empire State Building in New York City, USA
* The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, USA
* The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, USA
* The High Dam in Aswan, Egypt
* Hoover Dam in Arizona/Nevada, USA
* Itaip Dam in Brazil/Paraguay
* Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota, USA
* The Panama Canal
* The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
* The Statue of Cristo Redentor in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
* The Statue of Liberty in New York City, USA
* The Suez Canal in Egypt
* The Sydney Opera House in Australia
wonders of the world
"Courtesy of The General Libraries, The University of Texas at Austin."