HOW TO OBTAIN A SELLER'S PERMIT
Fill out the PDF file for obtaining a seller's liscence:
Send it off via mail (it needs an original signature) to the following address:
15350 Sherman Way, Suite 250 91406
(PO BOX 7735 Van Nuys 91409-7735)
or call 818-904-2300 for more information
INFO ON RESALE CERTIFICATES
Here is the web site for information on the
that must be sent to the wholesale companies.
What information must a resale certificate include?
The certificate may be in any form, such as a note, letter, or memorandum. However, the certificate must contain the following information:
* The name and address of the purchaser.
* The number of the seller's permit held by the purchaser (if the purchaser is not required to have a seller's permit, see note below).
* A description of the property to be purchased.
* A statement that the described property is being purchased for resale. The certificate must contain words that state the property will be resold or is for resale. The use of words such as nontaxable or exempt or similar terms is not acceptable.
* The date of the document.